Location: Chicago, IL or Grand Rapids, MI
We are looking for a digitally savvy Account Director (AD) to provide strategic guidance and lead the overall quality of agency deliverables for their clients. As an Account Director at Blue Flame Thinking, you thrive in agency culture and are dedicated to finding your better at every turn and share our passion for creating meaningful work.
Account Directors are responsible for building value for our clients by fostering a strong working relationship with them. You will support the day-to-day operations of their projects from research, scope development, creative briefing, and project execution. To ensure each project runs smoothly, they collaborate and work with internal project managers and an operations team comprised of SMEs, developers, designers, and writers.
We’re looking for an Account Manager that possesses effective communication abilities and excellent time management and organizational skills in order to successfully manage multiple project deliverables and expectations. A well-rounded team-oriented marketing professional with a positive problem-solving mentality and understanding that character matters.
Reporting to the VP of Client Services, this is a fast-paced position currently operating in a WFH or remote capacity with future plans to continue that trend or operate from our Grand Rapids office. As an essential role at Blue Flame Thinking, the Account Director spearheads client-partner direction and maintains a clear strategy in order to help our client-partners find their better and the best possible outcomes for their business needs.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Primary point between agency and client-partners
- Proactively learns client’s business
- Acts as a strategic consultant to clients and leads client planning
- Leads the development of SOWs, creative briefs, and project plans
- Provides excellent client partnership by managing expectations, identifying opportunities, and can communicate feedback/direction clearly and effectively
- Be the client brand steward that will scrutinize and review all deliverables before delivery to the client
- Assists with client billing and reporting
- Participates in agency new business efforts
- 5+ years full-time experience working in digital marketing or advertising
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required
- Agency experience preferred, not required
- Full awareness of creative and development processes and techniques, including digital platforms
- Keen attention to detail and budgetary constraints
- Can identify opportunities for growth and opportunities with client partners
- Strong relationship management, organizational, and project management skills
- Can work constructively with a variety of internal teams and business groups
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- The willingness to stay on top of relevant trends and develop ideas and strategy
- The ability to lead a team of professionals
- Proficient in Office 365 suite (Word, Excel, Teams)
- Knowledge or experience in Teamwork (or other modern cloud-based project management and resourcing platforms) is a plus
- Knowledge or experience working in collaborative presentation building software (PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides) is a plus
COVID-19 Work Expectations/Considerations
Most of Blue Flame Thinking’s team has been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and may continue to operate remotely for some time. While we feel confident working remotely and providing an excellent level of service to our clients, we are a team-based collaborative environment. The ideal candidate should have the ability to work at least part-time in our Grand Rapids, office if they live in Michigan, or be willing to travel occasionally to the office if they do not.