Content Writer With Digital Agency Experience
Location: Chicago, IL
You are a writer with experience developing content for financial services clients. You’re used to contributing within a collaborative and agile environment. Things change—client directions, deadlines, the content mix, digital tools, etc.—and your first reaction is to pivot with them. Above all, you’re driven by endless curiosity and genuine interest in the worlds of money management, banking and insurance…along with any other industries that may come your way!
Experience-wise, you’ve worked on long-form articles, web copy, digital and print ads, social posts and service brochures.
This position reports to the Content Director.
- Researches clients’ products/services/brand image to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects.
- Works to ensure copy/concepts serve the purpose of promoting the client’s brand image and/or selling their product or service, according to the strategic creative plan.
- Assures that all copy is accurate and original and submitted to Copyeditor before releasing to client.
- This is a full-time, on-site position.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours is needed.
- There is flexibility to work from home, periodically, when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Field of study: English, Marketing, Journalism or other relevant experience or area. Exposure to Economics, Business and Finance also a plus.
- Minimum of 2–3 years writing content for a publication, at an agency or in a corporate marketing department required.
- Must have the ability to establish priorities, manage projects, meet tight deadlines, multi-task and work proactively and independently without losing sight of the fact that you are part of a team.
- Deadline driven and able to work with cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Ability to work with diverse personalities, backgrounds and experience levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion regarding client projects and details.
- Experience in copywriting, article/blog writing and copyediting with a working understanding of content marketing and SEO best practices and current trends.
- Samples of versatile writing that ranges across all mediums and channels.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.