Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Are you ready to find your better? We are seeking a Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist to support our agency with the proper setup and delivery of campaigns and ongoing marketing strategies and tactics. This position will be an important component of our digital strategy group.
Our vision of a successful Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist is highly self-motivated, proactive, and has a working knowledge of current marketing tools and best practices. The focus of this role will be on social media, however, will be expected to aid in other tactics such as email, strategy, and reporting.
What will our Digital Marketing and Social Media Specialist Do? We’re glad you asked! Here are some responsibilities you can anticipate in this role:
- Develop strategies and execute paid social media campaigns across a variety of platforms (leaning heavily into LinkedIn and Facebook)
- Create and implement organic content for clients
- Collaborate with CSX department and other UX Department groups to create marketing campaigns
- Assist in internal marketing and social media efforts
- Identify appropriate KPIs and develop SMART goals to measure strategy effectiveness.
- Be “in the know” of platform and industry trends, updates, and best practices
Qualifications – Required
- Proven experience with both paid and organic social media strategy, content creation, implementation, and reporting
- Minimum of 2–4 years of professional experience working in digital marketing or advertising with a solid portfolio of work.
- Proficiency with LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience with scheduling and reporting tools like Hootsuite and Sprout
A (Major) Bonus if You Have…
- Experience and working knowledge of email systems like Constant Contact and Mailchimp
- Familiarity across a variety of digital marketing specialties and tools (SEO, analytics, strategy, content management systems like WordPress and Wix, HubSpot Marketing Hub, and/or reporting)
- An eye for design and ability to create imagery when needed in Canva (or a similar system)
- Experience writing for digital channels in the B2B space
Benefits Offered to All BFTeam Members
- Unlimited (and encouraged) PTO
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- HSA or FSA
- Parental leave
- Bereavement leave
- Life insurance (employee only)
- 401k retirement plan
- Two-week agency shutdown
COVID-19 Work Expectations/Considerations
Most of Blue Flame Thinking’s team has been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and may continue to operate remotely for some time. While we feel confident working remotely and providing an excellent level of service to our clients, we are a team-based collaborative environment. The ideal candidate should be open to moving into a hybrid work schedule in the near future or be willing to travel occasionally to the office if they do not live in Michigan.