Location: Chicago, IL or Grand Rapids, MI
An integral part of the BFTeam, this position is responsible for writing and editing copy for the agency’s portfolio of projects and clients. The copywriter will work closely with a cross-functional team of designers and strategists to brainstorm ideas, format and create content, and develop effective, targeted messaging to meet our clients’ marketing goals.
In addition to creating content for web, social media, digital ads, email, and, occasionally print, our writers assist with proofing, copyediting, and fact-checking. The position is also responsible for maintaining the highest editorial standards, developing a consistent brand voice for all client and BFT marketing content, and ensuring any existing standards are followed.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about B2B marketing, thrives in a team environment, and has experience juggling multiple brands and deliverables at all times. They should possess a love technical products and compliance requirements and must be ready to take ownership of their craft at the agency.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Collaborate with BFTeam to develop engaging creative copy that meets the client objectives established in the creative brief while also conforming to brand guidelines, legal compliance, and functional guidelines/template.
- Lead presentation of creative copy and make revisions based on feedback from internal teams and clients.
- Ensure the creative that is developed contributes to a consistent brand experience.
- Review and proof all outgoing marketing materials before delivery or posting.
- May be called upon to assist other teams with projects outside of job role.
- Minimum of 2–4 years of professional copywriting experience working in digital marketing or advertising with a solid portfolio of work.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Agency experience preferred, not required.
- Excellent editorial and copywriting skills.
- Full awareness of creative and development processes and techniques, including digital platforms.
- Understanding of SEO and technical writing.
- Understanding of best practices for digital advertising copy, email copy, and website copy.
- Strong relationship management, organizational, and project management skills.
- Can work constructively with a variety of internal teams and business groups.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, both internal and client-facing.
- Willingness to stay on top of relevant trends and develop ideas and strategy.
- Proficient in Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, Teams).
- Knowledge or experience in Teamwork (or other modern, cloud-based project management and resourcing platforms) is a plus.
- Proficient in collaborative presentation building software (PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides) is preferred.
COVID-19 Work Expectations/Considerations
Most of Blue Flame Thinking’s team has been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and may continue to operate remotely for some time. While we feel confident working remotely and providing an excellent level of service to our clients, we are a team-based collaborative environment. The ideal candidate should have the ability to work at least part-time in our Grand Rapids office, if they live in Michigan, or be willing to travel occasionally to the office if they do not.