Jr. SEO & Web Marketing Analytics Specialist
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
As Junior SEO & Web Marketing Analytics Specialist at the agency, you will support the SEO & Web Marketing Analytics Specialist working in the areas of SEO and web marketing analytics to provide strategic insight for the agency and our clients.
- Developing analytics strategies for effective data collection, tracking, analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Identifying analytics and SEO KPIs based on business needs and setting success targets based on statistical methods.
- Collecting, verifying, cleaning, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting data for quality, usability, and security.
- Mining, analyzing, and troubleshooting data to identify patterns, trends, and anomalies.
- Interpreting data to develop actionable insights, which are easy to understand and implement.
- Creating meaningful, story-telling dashboards and reports based on KPIs with actionable insights, often from multiple data sources of varied formats and quality.
- Developing and implementing campaign tracking strategies, including creating source tracking links, installing pixels, building conversion/event tracking.
- Developing and implementing link building strategies.
- Performing ongoing keyword research and competitive analysis including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities for use in ongoing SEO.
- Recommending changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords, improve user engagement, and increase campaign conversions/ROI.
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success, increased user engagement and conversion, and website or campaign success.
- Optimizing copy and landing pages for search engine optimization, improved user behavior, and increased campaign conversion/ROI.
- Working with the development team to ensure analytics and SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code.
- Working with the Content team to drive analytics and SEO in content creation and content programming.
- Working with account team to drive analytics and SEO strategy for clients.
- Other duties as assigned.
1+ year(s) relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Analytics, or a related field.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in analytics, SEO, and search engine algorithm updates.
- Commitment to continuous growth and learning, can easily pick up new concepts.
- Understands marketing fundamentals, business objectives, and KPIs.
- Understands user motivations and can follow user behavior.
- Understands website construction, basic HTML/CSS, and common CMS platforms (i.e. WordPress, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, tracking, mining, troubleshooting, analysis, interpretation, and reporting; industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated skill in data translation and visualization.
- Proven proficiency with website analytics and digital marketing tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Firebase, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, etc.).
- Experience with data processing, visualization, and reporting tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Tableau, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
- Strong pattern recognition and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Attention to detail.
- Problem-solving aptitude.