Junior Web Developer
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
As a Junior Web Developer at Blue Flame Thinking you’ll be a critical component in helping build best-in-class web experiences for our clients in the financial and manufacturing industries! You’ll work closely with our existing team of developers learning and honing your craft while also bringing fresh ideas and practices to the table.
- Supporting Developers and Senior Developers in updating and creating websites and mobile applications.
- Completing basic maintenance updates and edits for agency and client websites.
- Support Developers and Senior Developers in setting up and creating HTML emails for email marketing campaigns.
- QA & testing of websites, apps, and HTML emails.
- Provide estimates for small-scale edits and updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web development, related field, or 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience with CMS platforms including WordPress.
- Experience with email marketing systems such as Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, or Pardot.
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git).
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to continuous growth and learning to stay relevant in the latest
- General understanding of basic web server architecture and hosting.
COVID-19 Work Expectations/Considerations
Most of Blue Flame Thinking’s team has been working from home since the beginning of the pandemic and may continue to operate remotely for some time. While we feel confident working remotely and providing an excellent level of service to our clients, we are a team-based collaborative environment. The ideal candidate should be open to moving into a hybrid work schedule in the near future or be willing to travel occasionally to the office if they do not live in Michigan.