Location: Chicago, IL or Grand Rapids, MI
We are looking for an experienced(3–5 years), roll-up-your-sleeves Account Manager who is self-directed, digitally-savvy, highly organized and results-driven. Someone who thrives in an agency culture dedicated to finding better at every turn. As a forward-thinking Account Manager at Blue Flame Thinking, you’ll share our passion for creating meaningful work.
The Account Manager will support the Client Services team and is responsible for building value for our clients by fostering a strong working relationship with them by managing the day-to-day operations of their projects from research, scope development, creative briefing and job execution. S/he will collaborate and work in tandem with internal project managers, strategists and the UX team, comprised of SMEs, developers, designers and writers, to ensure each project runs smoothly and achieves their potential.
We’re looking for an Account Manager that possesses effective communication abilities and excellent time management and organizational skills in order to successfully manage multiple project deliverables and expectations. A well-rounded marketing professional who is service-oriented with a positive attitude towards clients and colleagues alike, coupled with an appreciation of digital marketing, and media planning.
Reporting to the VP of Client Services, this is a fast-paced environment currently operating remotely in either Grand Rapids or Chicago with future plans to operate in either office location. As an essential role at Blue Flame Thinking, the Account Manager spearheads project direction and maintains a clear strategy in order to help our clients find their better and best possible outcomes for their business needs.
- Lead point between agency and client partners
- Manages day-to-day agency operations of client projects and/or campaigns
- Proactively learns clients’ business
- Provides great client partnership by managing expectations, identifying opportunities, and is able to effectively communicate clear direction
- Manages project lifecycle from start to finish: project brief, kickoff, internal reviews, client reviews, organization of client feedback and final hand-off of files, campaign reporting
- Be the brand steward that will scrutinize and proofread all deliverables before delivery and production
- Handles admin/paperwork and maintains digital files on all client activities, their competitors and their industries; maintains client correspondence, meeting minutes, project estimate approvals, drafts, etc.
- Ensures all deliverables have been provided to client or vendor accurately, on-time and within budget
- Assists with client billing and reporting
- Participates in the development of SOW’s and any client-facing documentation
- Works with senior staff and leadership on account strategy
- Participates in agency new business efforts
- Possesses a strong affinity to our core values.
- Minimum of 3–5 years of professional experience working in digital marketing or advertising.
- Bachelor’s degree and agency experience preferred, not required.
- Experience working with clients in the Financial or Manufacturing Industries (strongly preferred)
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Manages up and knows when to escalate internal and/or client concerns
- Is able to work constructively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including designers, writers, front-end developers, SMEs, strategists and project managers
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Is able to identify opportunities for growth and incremental opportunities with client partners
- Keen attention to detail and budgetary restraints
- Full awareness of creative and development processes and techniques – including digital platforms
- The willingness to stay on top of relevant trends and develop ideas
- The ability to work as an authoritative figure within a busy team
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Teamwork.com is a plus
Grand Rapids Hybrid Work Schedule
Our office in Grand Rapids operates under a hybrid work schedule. BFTeam members in this office are highly encouraged to work from home on Mondays and Fridays to take advantage of our industry’s flexibility. On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, all employees are expected to work from the office during normal business hours to take advantage of the valuable access to human collaboration that our industry thrives on. By coupling this with our general WFH policy (which adds extra flexibility to your work hours), we believe that this schedule allows BFTeam members to experience an incredibly flexible approach to the modern work schedule while maintaining our deep personal and professional connections to each other.