Location: Eastern and Central US Time Zones, work-from-home
Candidate Location: Eastern or Central US time zones required, work-from-home position (remote)
We are looking for an experienced (5+ years), Developer (web and front-end) at Blue Flame Thinking. You’ll be part of a talented team that works on critical websites and applications for our clients in the financial and manufacturing industries! You’ll work closely with your fellow BFTeam members to ensure that we develop, improve, and maintain our client’s most important digital properties while providing strategic insight and experience around best practices and opportunities.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively about UI/UX and solving challenges.
- Ability to help diagram and think through websites and website/app components through wireframing.
- Attention to detail when transforming static design to interactive website.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Updating and creating websites and mobile applications.
- Completing basic maintenance updates and edits for agency and client websites.
- Setting up and creating HTML emails for email marketing campaigns.
- QA & testing of websites, apps, and HTML emails.
- Provide estimates for website/app edits and updates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 5+ years relevant experience.
- Required: Solid understanding of WordPress development and theme structure, Advanced Custom Fields, web server architecture, hosting, and WooCommerce a plus.
- Experience with email marketing systems such as SendGrid, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, or Pardot.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object-Oriented Programming, and web application development.
- Familiarity with component-based/modular reusable design elements
- Proficient in version control systems (Git).
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Familiarity with Figma and Adobe Creative Suite, as well as other design/prototyping tools a plus.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Knowledge of ADA best practices.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Dedication to continuous growth and learning to stay relevant in the latest
Remote Work Expectations/Considerations
Blue Flame Thinking is a work-from-home (remote) work agency with employees in the Eastern and Central US time zones. While we feel confident working remotely and providing excellent service to our clients, we are a team-based collaborative environment. The ideal candidate should be open to working from home/remotely most days but be willing to travel occasionally to meet up in person for events and collaboration.