The BISSELL BARKBATH™; is an amazingly convenient, portable and efficient way for dog owners to bathe and groom their four-legged friends at home and on the go.
After a successful Kickstarter campaign, BISSELL, Inc. asked Blue Flame Thinking to keep the momentum and consumer interest going by building awareness with a new product launch campaign and targeted digital media strategy. The team was asked to explore digital marketing strategies beyond mainstream social media and ultimately drive more online and retail sales for BISSELL. We developed a subset of market test activations to take advantage of BISSELL’s unique retail relationships and potential for onsite event activations.
The Power of a Targeted Digital Media Strategy
We combined the undeniable draw of video with a targeted social media advertising strategy to generate 2.3M views for BARKBATH™’s product launch. Across YouTube Pre-Roll, Facebook and Instagram, we maintained a robust 32% video viewing rate, driving almost 600k site visits!
Smart Marketing Through Optimization
The initial BISSELL BARKBATH™ 1.0 product launch campaign messaging and strategy focused on the product’s benefits. The digital media strategy and campaign was optimized when remarkably higher engagement levels appeared on a subset of ads that combined direct messaging with product offers. This eventually led to a refinement in the creative approach toward bolder offers and a focus on messy, four-legged friends at play.
A Full Multi-Channel Strategy
• Paid search was utilized across brand and product category terms.
• Social displays were created based on lifestyle, interests, geo-targeting and dog ownership status on Facebook and Instagram.
• Retail activations and in-store event marketing support were executed through giveaways, contests and end-cap displays.
• Out-of-Home (OOH) channels and billboard activation were employed.
• Amazon affiliate and influencer research, outreach and engagement were utilized.